The Harm Reduction Research and Treatment (HaRRT) Center is located in the Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at the University of Washington – Harborview Medical Center.
Their mission is to work collaboratively with substance users, community members and organizations to develop, conduct, evaluate and disseminate evidence-based interventions that help to reduce substance-related harm and improve quality of life for affected individuals and their communities.
- Engaging in ethical and just practices
- Building trust and relationships
- Modeling personal responsibility
- Mentoring and investing in our team and trainees
- Valuing community
- Honoring others’ wisdom and life experiences